We’re so glad you’re here to learn more about Portland Adventist Academy. Here are some things you should know about how we thrive during this unique time in history.
#1 Our students didn’t miss a single day of school when stay-home orders were mandated due to COVID-19.
#2 Instead of stumbling over new technology, students and teachers got right to work meeting their academic goals last spring. Our technology tools were already in daily use. And THIS YEAR we’re even better equipped with more advanced online learning tools!
#3 While large schools have sadly had to make the tough decisions to meet entirely online, PAA’s small size acts as a super power. It’s built-in agility. That means, as soon as county coronavirus metrics are safely met, we will move to in-person learning the very next day.
#4 But while we wait, you can have peace of mind knowing that your child will benefit from a high quality education either in the classroom or online. Once we’re able to return to in-person learning, we will remain fully equipped to support students who must stay home to protect the lives of others. HERE is an overview of what the 2020-2021 school year is all about.
#5 Resilience isn’t built on hard work alone. Science shows us that it is belonging and connection that binds with adversity to help us thrive. At PAA, teachers make daily investments in the social, emotional, and spiritual health of each student. It is our call to connect them to the One to whom they ultimately belong. So, in the end, Belonging – Connectedness – Resilience is their superpower!
Portland Adventist Academy || Christ-Centered & Character-Driven
*School has begun, but it’s not too late to apply. Space is limited in order to maintain physical distancing in each class. Hurry to reserve your spot. Request a safe-distanced in-person tour Here!
Portland Adventist Academy has been educating high school students for more than 100 years. We are a fully accredited high school serving families of all denominations. We join parents in their efforts to inspire students to live a Christ-centered and character-driven life both now and beyond high school.
PAA teachers seek to inspire curiosity and a joy of discovery.
– Project Based Learning and Mission Focused Learning are incorporated into curriculum to encourage creative problem-solving. Students and teachers collaborate in seeking solutions to real like problems and, rather than seeking facts alone, they acquire a deeper understanding of these solutions.
– Ambitious students can excel with Advanced Placement, dual credit, and honors courses, while inclusive learning options optimize understanding for students with exceptional learning needs. Academic highlights are diverse!
– We embrace mobile learning and support students in One-to-One classrooms. For 21st century learning teachers focus on the Four C’s: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking.
– When stay home orders were mandated due to COVID-19, we didn’t miss a day of school. Our entire student body was equipped to learn from home while still fostering love and belonging.
Students are supported in their expression and curiosity.
– Instruction in fine arts, digital arts, performing arts and industrial arts are supported with high-tech and professional tools and supportive work spaces. An industry standard recording studio, Mac and PC labs, art studios with professional software empower students for future creative careers and hobbies.
– Electives like Programming & Robotics, Orienteering, 3D Design and Music Performance & Production are just a few ways students can broaden their learning.
There’s something for everyone.
– From Oregon State Activities in athletics and music to clubs like Rock Climbing, Hand Bells, and Gospel Choir, PAA students can challenge themselves with personal growth and accountability through team building experiences.
– Students grow leadership and interpersonal relationship skills through Student Government, Campus Ministries, Worship Leadership, and annual Wilderness Retreats designed for personal growth in integrity, courage, and community building.
Our greatest desire is to introduce students to Jesus and encourage a life-long walk with Him.
Through a diverse set of programs, PAA provides rich spiritual life experiences. Students encounter their Creator daily at PAA. A full time chaplain, two Bible teachers and every teacher and staff member hold the spiritual and emotional needs of our students in the center of all we do. Every class begins with prayer, sharing, and connecting through a Christ-centered and character-driven lens. Students find inspiration through weekly chapels and Friday night Community vespers led by their peers. Beyond our campus, spiritual leadership retreats, Bible camps, and local and global mission trips open the door and light the path on a student’s journey with Jesus. That is the heart of our call to Adventist education.
READY TO BECOME A STUDENT?
Portland Adventist Academy welcomes students regardless of religious beliefs. The educational, social and recreational activities are centered upon Christian principles. Portland Adventist Academy embraces students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs. Portland Adventist Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and other school administered programs.