Request a tour by clicking HERE or by calling 503.255.8372.
Portland Adventist Academy has been educating high school students for more than 100 years.
We are a fully accredited high school serving families of all denominations.
We believe every student is a unique child of God. We join parents in their efforts to inspire students to live a Christ-centered and character-driven life both now and beyond high school.
PAA teachers seek to inspire curiosity and a joy of discovery.
– Project Based Learning and Mission Focused Learning are incorporated into curriculum to encourage creative problem-solving. Students and teachers collaborate in seeking solutions to real like problems and, rather than seeking facts alone, they acquire a deeper understanding of these solutions.
– Ambitious students can excel with Advanced Placement, dual credit, and honors courses, while inclusive learning options optimize understanding for students with exceptional learning needs.
– We embrace mobile learning and support students in One-to-One classrooms. For 21st century learning teachers focus on the Four C’s: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking.
Students are supported in their expression and curiosity.
– Instruction in fine arts, digital arts, performing arts and industrial arts are supported with great workspaces. An industry standard recording studio, Mac and PC labs, art studio, with advanced software and tools.
– Electives like Programming & Robotics, Orienteering, 3D Design and Music Performance & Production are just a few ways students can broaden their learning.
There’s something for everyone at PAA.
– From organized activities in athletics and music to clubs like Rock Climbing, Hand Bells, and Gospel Choir, PAA students can challenge themselves with new experiences.
– Students grow leadership skills through Student Government, Campus Ministries and Worship Leadership.
Our greatest desire is to introduce students to Jesus and encourage a life-long walk with Him. Students encounter their Creator daily at PAA. The school chaplain as well as two religion teachers put students spiritual needs front and center while PAA teachers, administrators, and school staff serve as spiritual mentors. Students find inspiration through weekly chapels often organized and led by students. Week of Worship brings students to connect deeper with Christ. Special spiritual retreats, Bible camps, a weekly community vespers, and local service and global mission trips give opportunity and ownership of each student’s journey with Jesus.
READY TO BECOME A STUDENT?
Portland Adventist Academy welcomes students regardless of religious beliefs. The educational, social and recreational activities are centered upon Christian principles. Portland Adventist Academy embraces students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs. Portland Adventist Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and other school administered programs.