PAA will not be able to meet for in-person learning for the first week of school. We will only meet for in-person instruction when Oregon’s state coronavirus metrics are in compliance (info to follow the metrics). We will always provide a high quality education wether online learning or in-person learning.
Our vision is to be a school where parents long to send their children and students love to be.
In pursuit of this vision, we are focused on safety, excellence in academics, and showing the love of Jesus in every relationship and in everything we do.
This is an incredibly challenging time. It is a time of fear and anger for many. A time of uncertainty and frustration for others. We pray to be a safe place for our community. A place where we value and work hard to protect each member’s physical and mental health, while we educate our students.
In this politically contentious, divisive time, PAA is not choosing or supporting political parties. We do not endorse any group or organization. We are determined to show Jesus’ love to each student, family, staff, and individual God brings us into community with. That love includes facilitating learning and discussing differing views and opinions, always with respect. That love includes valuing the experiences and voices of those those who have not had a voice, and who have experienced pain and discrimination. That love includes lifting one another with encouragement and compassion. We have, and will teach, no agenda other than Christ’s love.
To protect each other and to comply with state mandates, in-person learning means . . .
- All students and staff will be required to wear face coverings.
- Frequent hand washing or hand sanitizer use will be required.
- Physical distancing will be implemented with limited class sizes.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will happen in every room frequently throughout the day.
- Deep sanitizing will be completed every night.
When we get to meet for in-person learning . . .
- Regular classes will begin at 9:00 rather than 8:30 am, and will each be 80 minutes long.
- Lunch and chapel periods will be shortened, and students will be assigned to a classroom to limit contact.
- The Wednesday schedule will alternate between odd and even days rather than all seven periods in one day.
- Classes will also be live on Zoom for students who have to attend from home that day.
We are looking forward to having our PAA community together again! Until then, thank you for continuing to keep PAA, its students, families, staff, and greater community in your prayers.
If you know someone who is interested in attending PAA or would benefit from an excellent, in-person, Christ Centered, Character Driven education, encourage them to contact us soon. Due to physical distancing requirements, we have limited class sizes that are nearly full. Call 503.255.8372 to book a personal or virtual tour. Click HERE to learn more about PAA.